Uganda Wildlife Authority Gorilla Permits, UWA Gorilla Permits
Uganda Wildlife Authority Gorilla Permits are permits for trekking gorillas in Uganda. Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) is a government body in charge of managing all the national parks and wildlife reserves in Uganda. In Uganda, mountain gorillas live in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and Mgahinga Gorilla National Park in south west side of the country. For any visitor to enter one of these parks for a gorilla adventure, he should have a UWA gorilla permit. To secure a Uganda permit, you need to book it well in advance. The recommended period is usually 6 months to the date of trekking. This is because permits are very competitive as they are sold on first come, first serve basis. In a case you are planning a gorilla trip, you need to do it in time to avoid disappointments due to last-minute attempted gorilla tour bookings. To understand the UWA permits, you need to know some more details about gorilla trekking permits. Contact a professional tour operator like Speedway Safaris to work out a plan for your safari. Gorilla trekking in Bwindi or Mgahinga national park offer the best and finest wild experience in the region. Don’t miss on the chance to be close to the endangered primates in the tropical jungles of Uganda.
Gorilla Safari Tips
- After booking a gorilla permit, ensure that you also get enough information on what to pack for the gorilla trips.
- Try to understand the various gorilla trekking rules and regulations for your safety and that of the endangered species during the encounter in the jungle.
- Before booking a permit, try to know that various routes you can use to reach the gorilla parks in Uganda. Tour packages involving different routes include gorilla tours from Kigali in Rwanda, gorilla treks from Kampala or Entebbe by road and flying safaris from Entebbe to Bwindi or Kisoro town.
Uganda Gorilla Permit cost as follows:-
- Foreign Non-residents in Uganda = USD 600 Per permit (From July 2020, a permit will be at USD 700)
- Foreign Residents to USD 500
- Gorilla Habituation Experience Permit = USD 1500
- Ugandans/East Africans – UGX 250000 (USD 70)
Kindly note that a gorilla permit for trekking gorillas in Rwanda is at USD 1500. This means that buying a Uganda permit instead of Rwanda’s, saves you USD 900. It is a good saving to a traveler who is looking for budget gorilla tours which are usually the cheapest ways for seeing gorillas in Uganda. The prices above apply up to 1st July 2020. From this date, Uganda Wildlife Authority has announced an increment of USD 100 to the current price. So a permit will be at USD 700 from July next year.
Prices for Permit for Gorilla Habituation in Bwindi
In case you need to enjoy gorilla habituation experience in Uganda, buy, secure or book a permit with us USD 1500 only. With the habituation experience, you will stay with gorillas for 4 full hours, observing and learning more about them. Since habituation experience is a sensitive adventure, it is done with only a few selected gorilla families in Bwindi. These two gorilla habituation experience are in Nkuringo and Rushaga sector of Bwindi.